A Message from Our District Attorney
As District Attorney, the principle by which I will run this office is to make decisions based on the merits, based on the facts, based on hard work and the results of that hard work. That’s the American way, the American Dream. We are blessed to live where we live. This is a great community. This is a great place to raise a family. This is a great place to start a business. This a great place to seek and follow the American Dream. And the reason that these things are true is, the people who live here. That’s what makes this a great community.
The Office of District Attorney of the 22nd Judicial District is dedicated to the pursuit of truth and justice, protecting the public and serving our community through the ethical prosecution of criminal offenses and civil matters while safeguarding the rights of all citizens, including the accused.
▪ To help improve the quality of life for all residents of Washington and St. Tammany Parishes
▪ Create and maintain open communication to promote the best interests of the community, ensuring that the public is kept informed of the work we are doingRead more
▪ To assist other state and local law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of criminal cases
▪ Collaborate with law enforcement and community groups to deter crime through intervention and prevention efforts
▪ Establish an atmosphere of compassion, trust and mutual respect
▪ To provide assistance and aid to those who have been victimized by crime and to ensure their rights are upheld and they are treated with dignity, respect and compassion
▪ To promote a work environment that emphasizes courtesy, high ethical standards, professionalism and high quality legal representation
▪ To provide training for employees and education for the public to be knowledgeable about the administration of justice
▪ To maintain public confidence by creating a day-to-day operation that is efficient and effective
2019 National Crime Victims’ Rights month – April 2019 – Honoring Our Past. Creating Hope for the Future.
The District Attorney’s Office celebrates the progress made by those before us as we look to a future of crime victim services that is even more inclusive, accessible, and trauma-informed.
Accomplishments Since January 2015
If you will read the initial goals I set out to achieve on the left side of this page, you’ll find that I, along with my fantastic staff, have accomplished many of those goals:
- Created more transparent office
- Hired top-notch staff (55% of ADAs and 50% of investigators new)
- Created Screening Department
- Improved Domestic Violence Unit
- Enhanced use of Specialty Courts and helped create new Veterans Court
- Upgraded technology office-wide
- Created employee manual
- Stabilized budget
- Created Financial Assistance Program for indigent defendants to participate in Diversion Program
- Work more closely with Law enforcement agencies