The Office of District Attorney of the 22nd Judicial District is dedicated to the pursuit of truth and justice, protecting the public and serving our community through the ethical prosecution of criminal offenses and civil matters while safeguarding the rights of victims and witnesses.
- To help improve the quality of life for all residents of Washington and St. Tammany Parishes
- To create and maintain open communication to promote the best interests of the community, ensuring that the public is kept informed of the work we are doing
- To assist other state and local law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of criminal cases
- To collaborate with law enforcement and community groups to deter crime through intervention and prevention efforts
- To establish an atmosphere of compassion, trust and mutual respect
- To provide assistance and aid to those who have been victimized by crime and to ensure their rights are upheld and they are treated with dignity, respect and compassion
- To promote a work environment that emphasizes courtesy, high ethical standards, professionalism and high quality legal representation
- To provide training for employees and education for the public to be knowledgeable about the administration of justice
- To maintain public confidence by creating a day-to-day operation that is efficient and effective
We desire to be one of the best District Attorney’s Offices in the state and the nation. The people of the 22nd Judicial District deserve our best.