FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 28, 2019
Grand Jury Indicts 5 Former Deputies, 16 Inmates In Jail Rape and Beating
FRANKLINTON—District Attorney Warren Montgomery announced that a Washington Parish grand jury indicted five former deputies with the Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office and 16 inmates Monday (Jan. 28) in connection with a rape and a beating at the parish jail last year.
The following former deputies were charged with malfeasance in office for “intentionally performing any duty lawfully required of him/her in an unlawful manner or by intentionally refusing or failing to perform any duty lawfully required of him/her, as such an officer or employee” between September 4, 2018, and September 5, 2018:
- Frank Smith, 22, of Mount Hermon
- Elliot Smith, 21, of Mandeville
- John Donaldson, 30, of Franklinton
- Pamela P. Willis, 48, of Tylertown, Miss.
Another former deputy Austin Rogers, 19, of Franklinton, was also charged with malfeasance in office for a time period between July 26, 2018, and September 5, 2018. Frank Smith and Elliot Smith also were charged with aggravated second degree battery for using a power cord to harm the victim between July 26, 2018, and September 5, 2018. In addition, Frank Smith was charged with second degree battery on the same victim between July 26, 2018, and September 5, 2018.
The following inmates were charged with simple battery for the incident that occurred in the jail between September 4, 2018, and September 5, 2018:
- Toby J. Walker, 38, of Bogalusa
- Quenterrius K. McGowan, 27, of Angie
- Andre D. Lucas, 27, of Bogalusa
- Latrevious Lucas, 19, of Bogalusa
- Yamarai A. Brumfield, 23, of Bogalusa
- Eddie Jackson, 18, of Bogalusa
- Ja’Vontay M. Owens, 25, of Bogalusa
- Charles E. Ross, 41, of Bogalusa
- Deonta L. Lee, 33, of Franklinton
- Jackie Spikes, 17, of Angie
- Tramale D. Jenkins, 27, of Franklinton
- Russell L. Daniels, 25, of Franklinton
- Tyreef J. Williams, 19, of Bogalusa
- Dakeithan D. Matthews, 23, of Bogalusa
- Kevin T. Crutchfield, Jr., 19, of Bogalusa
Walker and another inmate, Samuel E. White, 19, also were charged with first degree rape of another victim during the same incident on or about Sept. 5, 2018.