COVINGTON—District Attorney Warren Montgomery and his representatives recently presented his annual Leadership Award to local students at schools throughout Washington Parish.
The students were chosen by their schools for their leadership by example, positive influence on others, and outstanding citizenship. They received a plaque, presented by a representative of the District Attorney’s Office during an awards ceremony at the school.
Montgomery is expanding the Leadership Award Program to all middle, junior, and high schools in St. Tammany and Washington parishes in the 2015-2016 school year. If your middle, junior, or high school is interested in participating for the first time in the upcoming school year, please contact Program Coordinator Gary Magee at 985-732-9594.
The 2014-2015 Leadership Award recipients in Washington Parish are:
- Ebony Robinson Bogalusa High School
- Ja’mya Young Mingo Bogalusa Junior High School
- Sameshia Reed Bogalusa Charter School
- Blake Duncan Bogalusa Charter School
- Madison Crawford Ben’s Ford Christian
- Mary Katherine Murray Bowling Green High School
- Aesha Rashell Magee Hermon High School
- Keniesha Kemp Varnado High School
- Destiny Keys Varnado Junior High
- Kreig Allen Todd Franklinton High
- Kaniya Dillon Franklinton Junior High School
- Chelsea Rogers Pine High School