FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Feb. 21, 2017
COVINGTON—District Attorney Warren Montgomery announced that a St. Tammany Parish grand jury indicted five people Friday (Feb. 17) with second degree murder and other charges related to a Slidell shoot-out that resulted in the death of a 19-year-old man in January.
The shooting occurred Jan. 8 when two parties began firing at each other during a drug transaction, which resulted in the death of Javonte Donaldson. Those charged in the incident are:
- Christover A. Davis, 22, of Slidell, second degree murder
- Anthony Akeem Ussin, 26, of Slidell, principal to second degree murder
- Cody Winchell Hartley, 20, of Slidell, principal to second degree murder and obstruction of justice
- Joshua Calvin Gayles, 22, of Slidell, attempted second degree murder, principal to second degree murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, three counts of attempted armed robbery with a firearm, and obstruction of justice
- Amira Shantell Bickham, 19, of Slidell, principal to second degree murder and three counts of attempted armed robbery with a firearm
The grand jury also returned indictments in two additional cases:
- John Eugene Burgess, 58, of Lacombe, was charged with four counts of first degree rape of a victim under the age of 13 in the rape of three victims, who were ages 10, 5, and 9 at the time of the crimes, between March and September 2016.
- Trey Allen Boudreaux, 18, of Pearl River, and a 16-year-old juvenile were charged with first-degree rape of a victim who suffered from a physical or mental infirmity. The crime occurred between Dec. 1, 2015, and August 23, 2016.